This scholarship was established to honor the memory of C. Ralph Downs, former Putnam City teacher, counselor, principal and superintendent. The scholarship is awarded yearly to a deserving Putnam City faculty member who wishes to take graduate or undergraduate courses in the following subject areas:
Scholarship Amount: $500
- Applications will be accepted from any Putnam City School District career teacher or administrator.
- Applicants must matriculate in academic courses leading to a specific degree within any Oklahoma accredited four-year college or university.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants taking courses in the following priority order:
- Nearest to completing either graduate or additional undergraduate degree requirements.
- Seeking degrees related to the above priority listing of courses.
- Planning to continue their career in the Putnam City School District.
- Course registration receipt will be required.